View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 04:50 PM   #30770
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney View Post
I don't really like Max Landis, but when he's right, he's right.

I actually completely disagree. Look at NXT now. It's far superior to anything else the WWE is putting forward, and that's just Smoky Mountain Wrestling with an updated presentation.

Seth is completely right in that scenario. With Braun Strowman coming out and destroying the cruiserweights? Come on, everyone would shit all over that instantly. Then when you have them dump out Strowman, they've gone 50/50 in the segment. Where do you go from there? Strowman vs. the cruisers? Who wins that?

What Landis seems to be arguing for here is the Russoriffic approach to "booking." Threads that go nowhere, illogical stories, throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. "At least the mid-card is doing something?" It's nothing consistent and nothing that gets them over. I guarantee you that if the WWE did that Strowman/cruiserweight stuff, none of the individuals will get any more over. There might be a pop for the cruiserweights at first, but when Strowman beats them, they're both dead. And if they beat Strowman he is dead.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote