View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #740
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiD View Post
I don't like the fact that DC barely makes an effort to pass the torch down.
I liked reading JSA mostly because of it. I liked seeing Flash, Green Lantern, etc talk to the newer heroes and try to introduce them to the world. I thought that the older guys would eventually sort of step down..but nah.
That is one thing I like better about Marvel. I really like reading marvel the initiative. I might be biased with DC because I only read a few titles..but it just seems plain. I feel like Marvel is miles ahead as far as story telling goes compared to DC. Final Crisis was a mess to read..even for some of my friends who have been die hard DC fans for years.
Yeah, DC's crossovers try to do way too much at once imo, just for the sake of being "epic". Marvel keeps the story simple and lets the characters drive the plot. Marvel is more character driven than DC in the first place, which I why I prefer it.

However some DC books are right up there with marvel's best. Green Lantern is probably the best mainstream book around right now. I used to put captain america ahead of it, but CA has slowed down while GL keeps getting better and better. Like I said, Morrison's batman has also been amazing.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote