View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #227
Heisenberg
Quality Meme Producer

Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Very compelling Hburg. Nearly got me sold. Can you,, without spoilers, give me a critique of the film?

Word of mouth has been favorable among the niche.

To start off, this movie was a reboot of a franchise that felt "current" and "not cheesy" given the circumstances of it being "Angel Grove" which we never got to see that much outside of the Community Center(back in the 90s show) or w/e the piss they hung out at. When I decided to go yesterday I just had brunch with my little brother with whom I watched Power Rangers with back in the early 90s. We gobbled that shit up, it was the show that came on afterschool and would entertain us while we waited for either my mom and stepdad to get off work or if we were at my dad's house(which was basically a crumbling house-shack that him and his friends did drugs like coke and heroin at) it would be our babysitter. Anyways, when he confirmed how badass the film was I chose to take my 9 year old son with me to show him my favorite group of the whole PR universe, the ones who started it all in America, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

The first 10 minutes are fast-paced and gives you what you need to be hooked. If you don't like stories that center around team cohesion and the difficulties that come with it all then it probably won't work for you. The casting was great all around, not just the teenagers picked to be the Rangers, but the supporting cast that is stacked with familiar faces of current Hollywood.

I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that basically if you loved the original MMPR, then you'll enjoy and accept the hell out of the current and future of this franchise. The film was suited for adults and kids. That is very hard imo to do today in our culture.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote