View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #1680
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Rusev-a-Mania:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
One of NXT's newest arrivals made their debut at tonight's television tapings.

Ricochet, who wrestled using that name, took part in his first match for NXT by facing Fabian Aichner. Ricochet got loud reactions during the match and won with the 630. Whether he'll continue using that name going forward remains to be seen.

Triple H also posted a photo of Ricochet on Twitter tonight to hype up his debut.

After it had been known that he was WWE bound for a while, it was announced on January 16th that Ricochet had officially signed with the company and had reported to the Performance Center. He wrestled his final independent match for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla at their Mystery Vortex show on January 12th.

Ricochet was shown sitting in the front row on the TakeOver: Philadelphia broadcast last Saturday night. Candice LeRae, War Machine, and EC3 were all shown as well.
Link: https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/s...85673190797313 , Triple H: https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/959591101198950400

Quote:
WWE sent out a questionnaire with questions about why people weren't coming to New Orleans for WrestleMania, asking for reasons. What was notable is that in the questionnaire they outright asked fans if they want to see Shinsuke Nakamura and Asuka win the titles.
Quote:
SoCal Pro Wrestling's 11th anniversary show is 4/14 in Oceanside, CA at the Oceanside Boys and Girls Club. Penta 0M and Juventud Guerrera will be wrestling on the show. There will also be Southern California Hall of Fame inductions.

AAW tomorrow night in LaSalle, IL at the Knights of Columbus with Rey Fenix vs. ACH for the AAW title.

Stardom announced they would be hosting two matches in ROH's Women of Honor tournament on 2/24 in Osaka, with Mayu Iwatani vs HZK and Kagetsu vs. Jenny Rose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 2/1 edition of Impact did 319,000 overnight viewers, up from last week’s 310,000 overnight viewers.
Outside of January 11th, Impact has been pretty steady at the 300k+ for viewers this year. Doing better on average for the start of 2018 than they did for 2017's start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The planned 205 Live events in California this month (which were never officially announced publicly) are off but we are told there are still plans to continue with live events for the Cruiserweight brand down the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
AAA announced that, much like Impact Wrestling, they will be a launching a 24 7 stream of content on their Twitch Channel beginning tomorrow
Link: https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With all the talents who have left, who are the names we should be keeping an eye on in terms of potential departures?

Eddie Edwards’ deal is up this month, but he has stated he is staying. Alberto el Patron’s deal is up in April around the time of the next TV tapings, so you have to wonder what the future holds for him, especially since Vince McMahon has always loved him. Eli Drake’s deal is coming up in the next few months as well. Konnan is paid a good salary for someone who’s not in the ring wrestling, which given the state of the company, makes me think of him as well – but I say that not knowing his contractual obligations and I am just speculating here, given the company’s attempts to cut costs. Given the others’ placement on TV, those are the names that I would be paying most attention to.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles discussing the contract status of Impact's remaining top stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE producer Tyson Kidd responded to a fan who asked if he held any animosity towards Samoa Joe for the injury he suffered in the ring that halted his career as an active superstar:

I have zero animosity with Samoa Joe. I found him my first day back at WWE after my injury and we had a very good heart to heart. I wish him nothing but the best https://t.co/LpVSnGeoYQ
— TJ Wilson (@TJWilson) February 2, 2018

The question came up after this week's episode of Total Divas, where Natalya is concerned that Kidd will get upset over not being able to wrestle again after Lana asks him for help training her in the ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
WWE will be releasing a new "Shane McMahon's Craziest Matches" DVD on June 12th of this year, according to WrestlingDVDNetwork.com. The three-disc set will feature a compilation of the SmackDown Commissioner's greatest moments, high-risk moves and leaps of faith. Below is the official synopsis:

"Shane McMahon is known as a huge risk-taker, who provides "OMG" moments on a regular basis. This compilation features all of his greatest & craziest matches, spanning his entire time in WWE. Featuring battles with Undertaker, Big Show, Randy Orton, Mankind, Kane, & more."
Quote:
Vince McMahon put the 2018 men's Royal Rumble match together along with two producers, Jamie Noble and WWE Hall of Famer Michael "PS" Hayes, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. We noted before that WWE Hall of Famer Pat Patterson, the creator of the Rumble match, was also backstage to offer his expertise.
Quote:
Yesterday, there was a joint press conference with New Japan Pro Wrestling and Bushimo (video game subsidiary of Bushiroad). Owner, Takaaki Kidani, and Tetsuya Naito both made an appearance to announce a future NJPW mobile video game due out before 2020. Kidani also said that the Strong Style Evolved U.S. show actually sold out (4,500 tickets) in 10 minutes (the original number was 20) and that they could have sold 10k tickets this time around. Translations by Chris Charlton.

Bushimo and New Japan teaming for a pro wrestling game the world can play together in time for 2020. #njpwworld
— chris charlton (@reasonjp) February 2, 2018

Strong Style Evolved apparently did 4500 tickets in just 10 minutes. Kidani says they could have done 10,000. #njpwworld #njsse
— chris charlton (@reasonjp) February 2, 2018
Quote:
"Nobody was pissed off. It was a ball of fun in our dressing room, but I had to tell you, that was another interesting thing," she said. "We were put in a basketball court; we were blocked off with black curtains, and there was another area where male legends were blocked off as well. Next to that they were filming all day the APA vignettes so because of that the overhead lights couldn't be on. We were trying to be ready in almost pitch black dark. They brought one little light and shun it over but it was still dark over there. We kept asking if we can please get lights and how much longer the vignettes were done and they're like, if we don't get them done we have to get them done live so we may not be able to put the lights on at all. I couldn't see to get in my suitcase; I couldn't find stuff, it was dark. We did not have a mirror. I asked for a folding mirror; they actually gave me that, but there was no running water to wash our hands close by. That was very interesting."
More from Terri Runnels recent podcast show on how bad the conditions were backstage for RAW's 25th anniversary.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • For those interested, the entire listing of episodes for WWF Home Coliseum Videos launch on the WWE Network was recently revealed. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...-week.html?p=1
  • During a recent episode of Dinner With the King podcast show, Jerry Lawler revealed he got into a backstage incident with Mark Henry during the Royal Rumble. Supposedly Henry didn't like Lawler's on-air jabs at Peter Rosenberg since he personally helped Rosenberg get a job in the WWE and is his close friend. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0QhlItEdA
  • According to the Observer, Oney Lorcan is currently dealing with several injury issues and the official reason why he hasn't been on NXT television in recent months. None of the injuries were reported to be serious but he simply just needed some time off to heal.
  • ESPN held a recent interview with Shinsuke Nakamura talking about winning the Rumble, his NXT career, and facing AJ Styles at Mania 34. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-brock-lesnar/
  • The Times of India had a recent interview with Stephania McMahon talking about WWE working with Make-A-Wish, WWE trying to stay relevant with storytelling, and Triple H being responsible for the Women's Revolution. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ble-for-women/

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote