View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #11696
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Jesus.

Gather around children...

- I'm not saying it's not bad, I'm saying a) animation issues have been in other games but it seems this game is getting picked apart, b) the character models do not have to be 1:1 scale to actual humans and sometimes for good reason.
- I'm not defending bioware.
- I asked if he would like to know more. Non-answers don't invite more discussion.
- In many 3rd person games you will find that the 3D characters models, not the concept art, Rog you dwarf, the 3D character models are scaled based on what you are going to be looking at over 90% of the time. This means they are not as tall as they should be, this means their backs are wider, this means their arms are shorter. It means a few things very few of which is having a 1:1 human body scale model.
- Fighting games do not give a fuck about proportions, famously. Zelda doesn't care. Halo doesn't care. GTA tends to be spot on. Sports simulations tend to be accurate for obvious reasons. It's not good or bad it depends on art direction and what the game needs for a playable avatar.
- In FPS you're not even controlling a whole body, its a camera with floating arms holding a gun and sometimes a magic lower torso. An avatar is added when another player's cam looks at you, but the puppet they see is not what you are currently controlling. This means... the proportions of the arms and legs are actually different FROM IT'S OWN AVATAR IN THE SAME GAME. HOLY SHIT. Yadda yadda this is old.
- I do not mean to sound condescending, I rather to have explained that character models do not have to be realistic. I'm wondering why you guys expect ME to represent realistic character models. To my knowledge Bioware expressed no such desire.
- The reason I'm not wasting my time showing a pic of Bayonetta or Chris Redfield is because finding evidence of other off proportion characters does not do anything for anybody. Even if you think I need that to win, so I should score an easy 'win', it's besides the point. Because we don't know that Bioware either don't care, have gameplay reasons for the proportions, or hell actually wanted it 1:1 but just sucked at it. But one thing's for sure: If you think 1:1 body proportions is some kind of objective goal there's too many games to show otherwise.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote