View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #96
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I think that's part of it. I also think that Triple H wants to get his developmental over, so he pushes for guys that smarks love so that he looks good. I mean, who has NXT trained that is really good? A few guys have passed through there, and they did put some good presentation touches on some guys, but do you think Sami Zayn really learnt how to work in Billy Gunn's class? Or promo? The only thing Billy really could have helped him is banned there anyway.

Keep in mind that by this point in time, OVW had already seen John Cena, Batista, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar crowned as World Champions. I guess you can kind of give NXT Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns. But everyone else was really somebody before FCW got them.

The guys getting signed and pushed through are the same guys that Triple H would have had stand there and look like goofs while he Pedigree'd them for funsies. I'm not sure how much of his "change" is genuine and how much is ego-driven and for vanity reasons. I mean, if it drives him to be better at generating talent, it's not necessarily a bad thing -- but I just find the WWE's "indy kick" to be interesting.
I would contend that getting in peoples way and letting talents find their own footing is the key of a great teacher. Comformity was the old method.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote