View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 06:00 AM   #31
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Eh, I get your point, but I disagree. Brock is Brock at this point. He's such a masterful worker that he can make it look like he's underestimated an opponent and gets caught. Dude is basically the best clown in the world given how easy he makes slipping on banana peels work.

Joe shows up and they beat the piss out of each other. Give it a big match feel with fire dancers for Joe and Brock just walking out. They beat the piss out of each other and Joe just has an answer for every attempt at the F5. They do some outside brawling and maybe even bust up Brock. They do the stop thing with Brock wiping blood out of his eyes as Heyman does his usual outside shtick. Brock is getting pissed and wants to wipe the blood out. He keeps taking down Joe, but the refs keep trying to wipe off the blood. Joe gets a cheeky kick in here and there. Heyman is clutching the Universal Title for dear life. Angle maybe comes out and whispers something to the referee about loosening up and letting them go. Brock comes back and hits some insane suplexes on Joe. Brock is in killer mode. He keeps going for the F5 but Joe always wriggles out. He eventually turns on into The Clutch. Brock tries to position Joe up for an F5, but Joe drills him with knee after knee after knee. He locks in The Clutch again and Brock is out.

Brock won't look weak in that match. The next night on RAW -- against medical advice -- Brock is out and just screaming "JOE! JOE! JOE!". He starts tossing furniture again (no car doors this time). "BRAAAAAAAUNN!!!" Brock stands in the ring -- suddenly stoic -- Braun walks up to Brock and looks down on him. We know where we are going for SummerSlam.

Joe vs. Reigns for the Universal Title and Brock vs. Braun. I'd be tempted to even put Braun over Brock, since as we're winding up to the potential end of Brock, maybe it's time to have him start putting people over? I'd like Joe to get a bit longer than SummerSlam, but I can see them putting the belt on Reigns there and maybe having Brock win the Rumble to challenge him. But Joe keeping the belt until Survivor Series where he passes it back to Brock would be fun.

I dunno -- I get what you are saying about it being the first title defense making it look weak -- but Brock is a different animal. It being his first title defense and being a complete blind-siding affair gives him more reason to be pissed -- and a pissed off Brock is the best Brock.
TL;DR
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote