Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #522
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Don't look now but the New York Football Giants are on pace for 24-0!

Anyway, onto the game itself. The running game seemed to be an improvement from last year straight away. I liked what I saw out of Jennings and especially Andre Williams in the first quarter when the starters were in. Williams is that much more important this year with David Wilson's NFL future extremely questionable. I had read only like 30% of the Ben McAdoo playbook had been installed, mostly runs, and it showed. Not much at all to talk about in the passing game as they stuck to routine dump offs an such, but I do see that they're focusing on implementing a quick release passing game. Between that and a having a better O-line I think Eli won't be getting swarmed on nearly every pass play.

First string D seemed pretty crisp for this early in the preseason. Again not much to go off of but I did love the moves they made in the offseason and it's nice to finally have some depth in the secondary, so here's hoping they can get through preseason healthy.

Oh and I was pumped that the one big pass play from the Giants was a bomb of a TD to Corey Washington. I tried taking a guess at the 53-man roster on the Giants message board and was one of the few to pick him for the team. The Giants WRs are undersized and while that isn't everything, if the big 6'4" kid can have a big preseason he'd be a guy to mix in, plus I'm not sure he'd clear waivers for the practice squad.