View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #89
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
I mean he can still "go". Just not at the same level we've been spoiled with.
True. I liked his match against AJ Styles at WrestleMania, for example. More so than most, because I hadn't been watching the constant Jericho catalog. Unfortunately, I think that standard of what people expect from Jericho does set the bar high for him. He's never been a dude associated with mediocre ring work. Other guys can lose all the steps they want in the ring and still manage to keep the essence of who they are as a wrestler in-tact. Jericho's is too largely chained to being able to "go," in my opinion.

It's not like he sucks or anything, but it's always going to leave a dampness over a match when people are conditioned to expect ***1/2 or **** performances every match he has. The pay-off to the angle is going to be that match, and if that match disappoints, he's not going to have the effect intended.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote