View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #176
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
The thing I like about NJPW is that they allow for a story to be told in the ring. They also dont force feed you the same feud for 3 straight months. I think Okada has had one of the best booked championship reigns in long time for any company. Has had stellar matches with Marufugi, Omega, Suzuki, Shibata and that last match with Omega going to a draw was great and continued that story. People wanted to see Okada/Omega 2 but they didn't just give it to you at the PPV and let it play out naturally. I knew Okada was going to lose to Fale but it was a solid match that lead to Omega. Now his match with Cody while it wasn't spectacular it told a story with Cody not really taking Okada serious while also having Omega there who knows you cant do that with Okada.
Yeah, like I said in the other thread, they let the in ring product do the story telling, and they know how to utilize long term booking effectively. Classic memphis wrestling is actually a heavy influence on Gedo the head booker.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote