View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #24533
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
Seems like the IWC bloggers don't get the NXT call ups. They should have called me, I had them all pegged before Mania.

Seems they can't comprehend that NXT still needs to be able to draw, so you can't just gut all their top guys. Bayley was the only mild surprise to bit get called up, but I had a feeling they wanted to keep her in NXT to continue a program with Aska.

The tag team call ups were perfectly logical because both teams have done all they can in NXT. They will both add depth to the tag division.

As for Lesnar vs Ambrose. Ambrose got a run working with Lesnar. The booking reminds me of HHH vs Sting a little. People thought going in that Sting was a lock, but when you look at where the money matches are, it made sense for HHH to stay strong. Same thing here. Lesnar vs Reigns is a bigger money fight than Ambrose vs Reigns. So you keep Lesnar strong. What is funny is if Lesnar would have done the favour, the IWC bloggers would write about how Lesnar just comes off as "another guy".
Agree on your points about NXT. You can't just gut the roster, even if some of them are ready. Just look at the women's division. Sure, Bayley and Asuka are great, but who else is on their level? Emma on her best day, MAYBE, but the rest aren't even close. Becky should have stayed imo.

As for Ambrose and Lesnar I couldn't disagree more. Lesnar doesn't need to be "kept strong" because he is Brock fucking Lesnar. He always looks strong, and it would take a hell of a lot more than a street fight loss against Dean Ambrose to change that.

I've said before that I don't think Ambrose has all the tools to be the face of WWE. I do however think he could be one of the top guys in the company. The Orton to Reigns'Cena, so to speak. But that will never happen if WWE continuously fails to capitalize on moments like this. Ambrose has been steadily gaining steam and being booked stronger throughout the year. If this had been a ppv like Payback I might have been okay with the result, but this is wrestlemania. This event is all about career defining moments, and underdogs overcoming adversity. It was the perfect story for mania, and Ambrose winning would have rocketed him to that next level.

Sure, Lesnar looks strong now, but he would have looked strong either way. As it is, it's Dean Ambrose who looks like "just another guy".
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote