View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 12:26 AM   #141
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah, this was incredibly good.

Said before that Thor is my favorite comic book, and I'm so glad it finally got it's "winter soldier" in the MCU.

Loved the touch of Jack Kirby's art style throughout the film. I've never been able to sit down and read a lot of earlier 60's and 70's comic book books. Too campy and old fashioned for me. Thor was always the exception, and Kirby's art was a big reason. And the 80's sci fi soundtrack really compliments it well.

Hela. Holy shit, Hela. I've never seen a character I love so much knocked so far out of the park. I was 100% confident after the casting that she would be great, and it still surprised me to see how well the character was treated.

SPOILER: show

Skurge is another character they nailed perfectly. His iconic death scene was really well done too.

So many god damn ester eggs that I probably missed a few. I very much appreciate the Beta Ray Bill monument, I'll tell you that for free.

Loved that we finally get to see Thor really utilize his god of thunder powers, and I love even more that they put in the "Are you god of hammers?" line from the books.

Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote