View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 10:28 PM   #216
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
1) Really shocked Alabama got the #4. Ohio State just didn't beat Wisconsin bad enough I guess. If only they would have kept their foot on that throat instead of letting Wisconsin creep back.

2) Based on FPI they seem to think the national championship is going to end up being UGA vs Alabama. All SEC title game. I can't wait to hear the crying that ensues if that scenario plays out.
1) I'm actually not. The two factors here weren't so much the Buckeyes not hanging enough points on the Badgers, but the combination of letting a team that had no business beating them do so (Iowa), and the fact that OSU got a bump last time they were in this situation (albeit, there was more argument here than there was there - they didn't even play for the Big Ten championship and then played embarassingly to not even warrant that nod). Expanded playoffs would fix some of that, but that's not going to happen yet.

2) Assuming Alabama has always been the name of the game for like the last decade. I still hate all the "SEC IS ALWAYS TEH BEST IN PERPETUITY" nonsense, and some of those tears you speak of will be mine. But even worse than trying to milk that almighty SEC teat for ratings and dollars, (which is understandable from a buisiness standpoint even though college football is supposedly not a business that a bunch of suits make a ton of money on) is unilaterally trying to hand the Tide the championship every season.

On a side note, really wish the "playoff" games weren't rotating predesignated bowls. Something about the Big Ten/Pac Ten champs not playing Rose Bowl seems off to me.