View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 01:31 AM   #249
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Old school "Late To The Party" TL;DR style... (this is usually why I multipost in more palatable portions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Same like when Cryme Tyme broke up and the taller Shad got pushed, Cass' singles run is going to flounder once he's done with the Enzo stuff.
"But... but he's tall! And menacing! He should be top talent for the next 8-10 years because of that! You people don't know what you should like... LOOKIT HOW BIG AND MENACING HE IS, DAMMIT!!!"

Seriously how I imagine Vince sounding in my head everytime they get another big man on the roster. They all can't be Andre. Most just end up like Jackson Andrews.

Quote:
One of Cass' best promos ends with him getting beaten up by Big Show. Sure the bar is pretty low for him because of his poor promo skills but that did nothing for Cass after he tried to build on the heat from last night and the idea of him becoming delusional with star power.
To be fair, Cass isn't really that bad on the stick. He is nowhere near Enzo, but he isn't Jeff Hardy's first singles push abysmal either. With Enzo doing most of the heavy lifting since they paired up in NXT, he's been glaringly outshined with a mic, and now that he's Generic McBadHeel, he is coming off worse than he actually is... ironically similar to who kicked his ass: Big Show. Remember how nobody thought Show had *anything* until that SNL cameo? According to stories floating around from around then, he actually had chops, but never really got to display it onscreen. Cass needs something he can sink his teeth into, like being the personal ring announcer and providing the theme music for Blue Pants or the (very) few occasions where he dominated the talking time (like that one where he made a joke, but Enzo didn't get it at first, and spent half the interview actively piecing it together while Cass was speaking).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezango's Gay Lover View Post
Random thought going back to Big Cass. Does anyone here see the potential with him like Test had?
With qualifications, yes. However, the biggest potential problem is one of his biggest assets: being tall. Sort of the opposite end of the spectrum from Austin Aries, WWE will likely expect a lot of grand and instantaneous results just by virtue of him being a really tall guy, and as such, never really give him any opportunity to advance as a character. Yet another big, generic heel.

Unless there are dimensions added to him (like the aforementioned Test started becoming an enormous asshole that exuded douchebaggery and abusive woman-hating: there was a *reason* to hate him other than just size), people will collectively stop giving a crap after his feud with Enzo runs its course. And, if "getting over by osmosis" fails, like so many others, it will supposedly be his own fault instead of the lack of ability of even one of the how many ever writers they have coming up with an idea for the man to have shit to do beyond next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRA View Post
Sony making an open attempt to summon the dark lord Cthulu with this film
Speaking of, I really like the "Bray-thulu" shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A View Post
Imagining Bray Wyatt feuding with Miz and "stealing" Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel from him
Seduction of one or the other. Most people would say Bo, because "they're brothers" and their inexplicable BO-ner for the guy, but I would say Axel specifically. Slowly, over time... as in not suddenly have him come out in unwashed coveralls. Bray is talking to him in the background of other people's promos (the ones where Corey Graves isn't lurking or texting). The beginning of a Mizterouge promo starts with Bray turning and leaving and Henning* thanking him, Miz or Bo asking what that was about, and him initally just kinda glossing over it with a non-answer. Then, later on, saying stuff like "You ever just talk to the guy? He makes a lot of sense!" and eventually, refers to Bray something like a "spiritual advisor" or somesuch. Bray makes him the monster he should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockShot View Post
Remember when R-Truth was crazy and got that title shot against John Cena way back when?

Good times.
Remember when that one little throwaway line in a promo about a stereotypical little kid Cena fan turned into a super over imaginary sidekick that got way more mileage than it should have?! Funny how shit works sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rez View Post
lol kicked from your own tribe, joe. dat shitty music
Fuck youuuuu! I like the fake Simon Says. And that's not sarcasm.

Hell, I'd be all for the real song if they wouldn't have to pay a ton of money for the licence and possibly even additionally for the Godzilla sample and also edit the shit out of the lyrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
Just capped off that god awful plot advancement for Roman's story with confirmation from my realtor that I did not get that house.

Time to go find a bridge.
I got one I can sell you.

... too soon?

Quote:
This bromance between Graves and Angle feels like Graves trying to take GM spot

probably not since this is RAW and that would be interesting.
... or, he can be in the GM's good graces and perpetually "in his ear" like so much Wormtoungue. Angle is the figurehead, but Graves *really* runs the show behind the scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
Just capped off that god awful plot advancement for Roman's story with confirmation from my realtor that I did not get that house.

Time to go find a bridge.
Quote:
Sorry to hear.

No need to look since I found a bridge for you:

But seriously joke or not, don't actually think about that last part. Not worth it and there will be more houses available in the future.
Quote:
Her bridging suplex IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT
No it isn't, because she didn't hook the leg for a fisherman. :wink wink nudge nudge:

But seriously, that is a thing of beauty. You don't see textbook bridging suplexes often, especially anymore. It's usually a throwaway move or an immediate transition to something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Obvioulsy this is a Dixie thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura View Post
I think it might be tbh...

Seems very "Claire Lynch" - ish
SWERVE! Kurt is sexting Dixie Carter! They will also start mentioning TNA in people's histories, since TNA isn't TNA anymore! Source: pulled from my ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Theory: Bayley is Kurt Angle's illegitimate daughter.
... Bayley snaps and becomes a badass submission machine. Adopts his ECW remix as her theme. Also, starts rocking star spangled singlets and mouthpieces. Pulls the straps down mid match, and hits three consecutive Bayley To Belly suplexes before an ankle lock.

END OF LINE
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote