View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #1562
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Death By Lariato:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The Survivor Series go-home edition of Raw saw a solid increase in numbers to an average of 3.02 million viewers, up nearly seven percent from last week ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.26 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.06 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.77 million viewers
In terms of hourly rankings, RAW went #2, #3, and #6.

Quote:
WWE's tour of India is down to one stop.

The Times of India confirmed today that WWE's planned December 8th house show at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi has been canceled, with the December 9th date at the venue now being branded as a "Supershow."

In a match that was set up a few days ago, Triple H vs. Jinder Mahal has been announced as the main event. Mahal will be the only SmackDown representation on what is otherwise a Raw house show ...

Jeet Rama & Kishan Raftar, who are Performance Center trainees from India, will now be wrestling in their home country as they face Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas. Kevin Owens will no longer be appearing on the tour after originally being scheduled to challenge for Mahal's WWE Championship before he dropped it to AJ Styles.
Quote:
Another pro wrestler is trying their hand at mixed martial arts.

While appearing on the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani this afternoon, Jack Swagger (real name Jake Hager) announced that he's signed with Bellator MMA and will be debuting as a heavyweight in 2018. Swagger said he's wanted to do MMA for a long time and had been negotiating with Bellator since the summer, finalizing terms with them over the weekend.

When asked how the news would affect his pro wrestling schedule, Swagger said he wants to continue wrestling in addition to his new career in MMA. Swagger has been working on the independent scene since departing WWE earlier this year.
Quote:
The WWE Network has started uploading episodes of the original “reality show” run of NXT.

WWE 365, which is focused on a year in the life of a wrestler, will be debuting on the WWE Network after Survivor Series. Kevin Owens is expected to be featured in the episode.
Link: http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2017/1...-nxt-episodes/

Quote:
NJPW announced that their revenue for the last fiscal year (August 2016-July 2017) was up 20 percent from the previous year.

Justin Credible credited the help of WWE’s wellness program for being able to live a life that he never thought was possible.

WrestleCircus announced that their show that was set for this Saturday has been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, asking people to respect their privacy during this time. They have a form set up for fans who bought tickets to receive refunds. (thanks to reader Jake Koch)

In an interview with CBS Local Sports, Joe Koff reiterated that ROH will be launching an on-demand/streaming service in the first quarter of 2018. Koff said that they tested streaming events on last month’s Global Wars tour. When asked about pay-per-views, Koff noted that they might continue to have traditional PPVs but said the entertainment world is heading towards a streaming model.
NJPW link: https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/...25401268531200 , Credible link: https://twitter.com/PJPOLACO/status/930472886569185286 , WrestleCircus link: https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/st...70325359345664

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Former WWE Tag Team Champion Rob Conway is working as a guest trainer at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando this week.
Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans who will win the big champion vs. champion match at Sunday's Survivor Series pay-per-view. As of this writing, 54% voted for WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar while the rest went with WWE Champion AJ Styles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There has been talk backstage today of adding another Kickoff show match with a Raw vs. Smackdown theme.

The official main event of the 12/26 Madison Square Garden return will be John Cena vs. Samoa Joe based on local advertising. That will be Joe's first time headlining in the Mecca.

There has been talk of doing a WWE 24 episode based around the 25th Anniversary of Monday Night Raw. The company is already working on one dedicated to the Hardy Boyz.
For some reference about another pre-show match, Survivor Series is going to be 6 hours long this year (2 hour pre-show, 4 hour PPV).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
While the expectation in recent weeks has been that former WWE Cruiserweight champion Neville was on his way out of World Wrestling Entertainment, sources within the company have told PWInsider.com that there have been recent positive discussions between Neville and the company.

There is a belief among some in the company that talks have gone so well that Neville could actually be returning to action for WWE before the end of the month. One source even believed Neville could be back as soon as this week, but PWInsider.com has (as of this writing) not been able to confirm that. Obviously, we will see if that is soon the case ...

As we reported at the time, until Neville was actually released, there was always a chance that the two sides could come to terms, paving the way for his return to the company. If what we are hearing is correct, that road has been paved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The updated 12/15 ROH Final Battle PPV in New York City at the Hammerstein Ballroom:
*ROH champion Cody Rhodes vs. Dalton Castle.
*Tommy Dreamer & Bully Ray vs. The Briscoes.
*ROH TV champion Kenny King vs. Punishment Martinez vs. Shane Taylor vs. Silas Young.
*Jay Lethal vs. Marty Scurll.
*The Addiction vs. War Machine.
*Matt Taven vs. Will Ospreay.

The show is sold out but will air on all PPV outlets.
Quote:
Speaking of Jericho, he was recently interviewed by Viktre.com and discussed the night he won his first WWE World title.

"I was told in the afternoon that I was going to win when Vince McMahon said to The Undertaker at the catering table: 'Hey 'Taker, how do you know the business is going down the toilet? Because we're putting the belt on Jericho' and that's how I found out I was going to be the champion," Jericho said.

"I came back through the curtain, everyone was gone because when you're on last everybody leaves to get out of the traffic quicker. Sat there by myself and then drove to a hotel where room service stopped at midnight, it was 11:58. They wouldn't serve it, so I got pizza. They wouldn't bring it to my room, so I had to go down to the lobby to get it. When I went back up, I was locked out. Went back down to the lobby, the guy wouldn't let me in even though I just checked in a few minutes earlier. Dropped the pizza on the floor when he finally did let me in. So, I spent the night being the first undisputed champion eating cold, fuzzy pizza in a Ramada Inn somewhere in Anaheim, California. So, no hookers and blow there, kids."
Link to the interview: https://www.viktre.com/iamjericho/on...ld-fuzzy-pizza

Quote:
Alisha Edwards, Swoggle (f.k.a. Hornswoggle in WWE), The Veterans of War (Mayweather & Wilcox) and Mahabali Shera have all been removed from the active roster of Impact Wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Mahabali Shera is gone from Impact Wrestling. The company removed him from their roster page on their website today, but we are told the departure quietly happened about two months ago.

As of today, no one from the Nashville office has been spoken with about what their future with the company will be once that office is folded into the office in Toronto. There is a belief among some that the Nashville office could be gone as soon as 12/1.
Quote:
Per PWInsider Elite, Mike Johnson is saying Triple H was a last minute decision to put him in the match, it was legitimately decided within the last 48 hours and Jordan found out Sunday night.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, around 40 wrestlers have been released this year from Impact since Anthem started purging the company for costs reasons. http://wrestlingnews.co/impact-wrest...-left-in-2017/
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, NJPW's Okada has had 6 IWGP title defenses this year totaling around 4 hours in length. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...s_year_with_a/
  • Impact Wrestling's Rosemary is reported to have suffered a leg injury during a Shimmer show over the weekend.
  • PWI reported the WWE was considering plans during last weekend for Paige to be added as the 5th member of Team RAW for the Survivors Series match. Bayley ended up being announced as the final member during last night's episode of RAW.
  • According to the Observer, Jonathon Coachman was actually released by ESPN during the last batch of major cuts but only made public last week by a tweet from Coachman.
  • According to PWI, Marty Scurll recently applied for a trademark to his wrestling name.
  • The National had a recent interview with Ceasro talking about getting injured at No Mercy, dream matches in WWE, and working with the Hardys. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-he-doing-now/

Some stuff from the TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote