View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #2574
CSL
Over Like Rover

CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rogerer View Post
If I was a carpenter and some guy made an amazing table and I thought he did it freehand I'd be like "He's amazing" and then I found out he didn't do it freehand I'd say "Ah well I'm no longer in awe of that". It doesn't suddenly make it a shit table

If you're a wrestler you will look at matches from the perspective of performing it yourself. It's not a call on the quality of the match. Why should William Regal and Steve Austin have to act like marks? They are wrestlers, they can project themselves into that match and imagine calling it live, and thinking just how crazy that is, and then when they discover it's not the case it's no longer as remarkable to them as wrestlers. I'm not letting this go because it's the most straightforward thing in the world.

What is the point of getting two legendary wrestlers together and then expect them not to discuss things from the perspective of who they are. You are asking them to mark it up.
I look at it from the perspective of performing it myself. And I'm not at all expecting them to act like marks. I entirely understand everything you've said and repeated from your first response. It's a mindset prevalent with "old school" guys and one I don't really get. Not even don't really get, just don't really care for or agree with. I also haven't headlined countless PPV's and WrestleMania's and drawn millions upon millions of dollars and worked with and for the biggest names ever and could also listen to the two guys talk forever and be in awe of most things they say. Call it a difference of perspective. That is all.
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote