View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 05:19 AM   #20
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
Nice of VW to allow them to use the Beetle again after all these years of having Transformers movies and merchandise without it after that "we don't want our brand to be associated with violence" or whatever horseshit they said back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixxT9 View Post
But they don't mind their brand to be associated with god awful Michael Bay movies?

I'd rather my car be used for school shootings than Transformers movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
Isn't this movie being directed by someone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
Someone forever associated with Michael Bay by transit of property
My point wasn't to the quality of the films. That's all semi-debatable depending on how hardcore you are about this particular aspect of your childhood and how much one tolerates or dislikes Michael Bay.

It was more a commentary on them seeing how much cross promotion and licencing loot Volkswagen missed out on because they wouldn't allow basing the character on the car he was patterned on in the first place for some nonsense reason that they're more than happy to go back on about, what, 10-15 years after the fact?

Pretty sure if the franchise bombed financially, they'd still be on their high horse about it. At this point, I just think they're kicking themselves and trying to make up for lost cash.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote