View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 12:25 AM   #272
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney View Post
Fuck, then they do something like this where Matt has either talked them into something or they had a good idea and I'm interested again.

Preferred his TNA piano as the faster pace was better for madness, but I like this as entrance music too.
It was fitting anyhow, seeing as it is a different part of the same song. TNA used the 3rd movement, and this is the 1st.

But that's a moot point, since he's now getting the CFO$ treatment that will hopefully be fleshed out and cleared up.

Unrelated to that, I've thought about something recently; part of what made the gimmick "good" to begin with was what it was born from. It was a heel turn on Jeff because he "selfishly got himself injured" in addition to jealousy over Jeff being a licence to print money in and of himself.

But instead of a rote heel turn, it was more akin to the Booker T vs. Harlem Heat angle in WCW, where Stevie Ray kept taking the "marketable" stuff from his brother... from not being able to have flames on his gear, to replacing his theme music with the Leave It To Beaver theme. Matt did the same thing when he "won the rights" to Jeff Hardy as a brand. That's what started the "DELETE" business, as Jeff's social media accounts and marketing presence essentially became Matt's. Jeff became "Brother Nero" or "That Obsolete Mule" because he was no longer legally allowed to be Jeff Hardy, since the Hardy name solely belonged to Matt and his heir. Matt had cracked under the weight of his own ego, and all of the extravagance was over something so petty. Made Jeff come out to no music (and then his eventual "summoning"), made him wrestle matches in his stead or compete in tag matches where he had to do most of the heavy lifting and Matt got the victory. Cool take on basic stuff.

... then it snowballed into this whole other thing involving kayfabed interviews/podcasts and "preemoneetions" and time travel and teleporting and cheap CGI and a sentient drone and losts of shots of Reby's cleavage and a boat getting more over than Jinder Mahal and an imaginary scribe who suspiciously looks like Samwell Tarley and animals who are supposedly reincarnated historical figures and King Maxel's first televised match and all the other incredible shit the Broken/Wokenverse has spawned like creeper vines.

I really hope WWE doesn't just distill this down to "DELETE!" and overexaggerated Matt laughs.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote