View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #24
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've become a bit of a mark for Jim Cornette. A lot of what I had heard about him was that he was "too old school," but listening to him speak, he really just loves professional wrestling and despises sports entertainment. I really think that if he were booking a company that didn't piss on his leg, he could put forward some pretty good, simplistic storylines. The kind we are digging in NXT.

Also, going back and watching some of his stuff as a manager. The dude could fucking talk. I watched The Great American Bash '89, and he's basically playing a face character feuding with Paul Heyman, despite being a heel for almost the entirety of his career. He and Heyman cut these promos on each other that are the sort of thing that make you wish they were 6'5, 260lbs wrestling marvels themselves, because you wanted to see that pay-off. He and Heyman are two guys that can make money with their mouths. As a performer, the dude just "gets it." It's no wonder he was chosen to head up developmental when they brought OVW under their umbrella.

In a dream world, Jim Cornette managing someone against Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman is money waiting to be printed.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote