View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 02:05 AM   #42
mitchables
bonjour

mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Just watched the finale....

YESSSS at Hourman showing up and namedropping the JSA..... this makes me very excited.
i marked out like a little kid. had forgotten they'd easter egg'd hourman's hourglass all season. also that was sgt rock in 1944/his helmet that they made a big deal out of. but we're yet to see ma hunkel (red tornado) or sandman, both of whom were teased earlier this season. maybe one or both of them next season? would like to see dr. mid-nite also. maybe bring curtis across from arrow, wildcat too if he is not dead (but i think he might be; they never really clarified). my ultimate hail-mary would be the inclusion of the suspected "real" jay garrick, aka henry allen of earth-2. THAT would be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
All in all, thought the show was generally "good fun", but a lot of the time pretty confusing and "time paradoxy" if you try to think about it too hard.
likewise. i think it got a LOT better in its second half; i think the
SPOILER: show
destruction of the oculus, removal of the time lords and completion of the savage/hawkpeople arc
will do wonders for its prospects in season two. i'm not even that fazed by all the timey-wimey jargon, except when they really blatantly contradicted themselves (not a time-based example but they spent all season bitching about how martin and jax couldn't merge in the waverider without destroying it and then he did it probably twice during the season anyway with no adverse effects to the ship). also mick rory became one of my favourite characters, against all odds.

but yeah, crossing fingers for doctor mid-nite, sandman, booster gold and blue beetle to pop up at some stage. happy with sara, rory, ray, rip and firestorm. additional dream team includes potentials from constantine (he would be amazing, admit it), power girl (dunno how likely with supergirl on cw now), rehabilitated black siren, jay garrick (henry allen-2 -- this is still not confirmed so take it with as much salt as you want), mr terrific, jessie quick, maybe vixen (i know she's supposed to have a solo show coming up but w/e).

i just think a slightly rotated team + no savage = nothing but promise going forward.
mitchables is offline   Reply With Quote