View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #37
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollermacka View Post
Jaw you're a veteran who also wrestles, have you ever used a "military themed" gimmick for any period of time? If so why or why not?
An interesting question, and one that I have weighed the pros and cons for in the past.

On the "pro" side, it is a way to instantly connect with the fans. Its quick and easy, and you're guaranteed to get them behind you. If you are just working a one time show here and there, it is great.

On the "con" side, it is almost "too easy". It is hard to "add dimension" to your character. To give the fans a reason to really connect with you beyond patriotism. I mean like they are cheering you because they actually like you, and care about you.... not just because you like the country they live in.

So for a one time thing where you aren't really going to get a chance to connect with the fans, I'd say go for the military gimmick. If you're actually going to be long term somewhere, you can have some elements of it, but don't make it your main character trait. Try to get the fans to connect with you as a human being and not as a part of a "larger entity"..... It may have been "enough" in "simpler times", but I feel nowadays a character needs "more than that" if it is going to be "long term".

Anyways.....

To answer your question, and after weighing the pros and cons, I made the conscious decision to never go with a military themed gimmick for two main reasons. I'm not a wrestler, or a veteran.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote