View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 12:41 PM   #25
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
WWE is in such a weird place. Based on what you see on TV, it'd be easy to say the company is lazy. But it's really not true. They're being shit, but in no way are they being lazy. You still have the same one guy in charge but think about how many things he's balancing. They make movies. They are trying to expand internationally. They run RAW, SmackDown, Main Event, 205 Live, NXT and an assortment of other tournaments and live events.

I've said it before that I think part of why WWE's storytelling can often seem really basic and boring is that they are also airing it internationally and trying to build those brands. But on top of that, they are doing like a million other things.They literally announce where they are going for WrestleMania before that year's WrestleMania airs. That involves meeting with those cities, branding it, all sorts of stuff. And it would seem like Vince has his hands on all of that and then he also has to negotiate the television deals and is the guy who makes the final call on the actual product.

I think it's the exact opposite of them being lazy. I think they have basically one guy trying to do so much. There's a reason why the slightest hint of Vince stepping down causes the stock price to drop.
I think in terms of the Midcard down they are extremely lazy. There is no character development whatsoever. They have 2 large teams of full time writers, and focus on 40% of the talent only.

Look at somebody like Bobby Roode, he came from NXT with no hype or promotion, he just showed up, was cheered based on his NXT run, and has just been the guy with good music and fancy robes since.

Sure he won the U.S. Title, and has been featured weekly and on PPVs, but what about him is any different from say Shelton Benjamin?

Professional writers should be able to do better.
xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote