View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 04:41 AM   #41079
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
It's went by pretty quickly.

I remember Punk's reigns feeling like it went on forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
And I mean that in a good way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Helps that Brock was barely on tv so his reign didn't get constantly overshadowed by someone else or fell victim to it becoming stale booking-wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
That's good booking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I like that Brock is breathing some prestige into the Universal Title. They don't really have any wrestlers that have the credibility to step up to him though.
Brock also isn't losing non-title matches cleanly every time he actually does show up, either. It's either to fight - like street fight/brawl- or to stand there looking imposing while Paul Heyman verbally fellates whatever the upcoming matchup is (except Jinder Mahal)... Funny how that "adds prestige". I used quotes there like I was being sarcastic, but I was actually agreeing with Noid with that point, just so folks are clear. Point is Brock isn't jobbing on a weekly basis, so he gets to look like a credible champ instead of just a clutch one that only wins "when it counts", but gets laid out on the regular otherwise.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote