View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 02:54 AM   #156
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm leaning towards Nak, I just can't see AJ vs. Nakamura at Mania for the title, haha. Reasons why:

* Vince does not want "New Japan!" chants during his WWE Title match at his big show.

* AJ vs. Nakamura is face versus face, and Styles has delivered more -- it's easy to imagine the crowd being "frustrated" by a Nakamura title win under those conditions, even when they shake and blah, blah, blah.

* I personally love AJ on the mic, but he's not exactly the sort of stickman you get to carry a feud.

My gut is telling me that AJ and Nakamura are going to be like ships passing in the night. I was thinking that they might go with Owens winning the belt at the Rumble to set up something with Nakamura, but I'm also thinking Orton could get it at Fastlane or something. They've kind of "linked" Orton and Nakamura a lot on television. I could see Orton winning the belt and then "officially" welcoming Nakamura to the main event scene in WWE by turning on him.

As for what Styles does -- if they go with Owens, I can see Shane turning heel to help him out, which sets up Styles vs. Shane II: This Time It's More Personal. But I can also see Owens & Zayn vs. Styles & Shane if they go with Orton.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote