Thread: Fallout 4
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 08:50 AM   #373
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Doing some morning reading of the review on Polygon, love comments sections

Quote:
Can you comment a little on the romance/LGBT depictions in the game? I have some concerns over what initially seems like a character creation that forces you to create a heterosexual character, and then permits you to romance companions of either gender later.

This just seems really problematic and kind of tacked on, suggesting that player characters can only really be bisexual or straight and not gay or lesbian.

The depictions of gender (and a complete lack of sexual diversity) in Fallout Shetler doesn’t bode well.

Anyway, perhaps you could be so kind as to answer these questions:

1. Is it an accurate understanding that the game only allows for the creation of your character as half of a heterosexual couple during character creation?
2. Is it accurate to say that all companion relationships are gender neutral, but even if a player only pursues same gender companions the dissonance with the opening is never addressed?
3. Are there other companion/NPCs/quests that depict LGBT people? E.g. quest giver referencing their same sex partner?

I’m sure some will angrily dismiss my questions as SJW nonsense, but as a queer player with limited time I prefer to spend the time sink of a game like this in a virtual universe that I feel is inclusive.
some people should just not play games
road doggy dogg is offline   Reply With Quote