View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 02:20 PM   #25
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WCW ruled until early 1999 or so. By late 1999 it was barely recognizable.

I actually just watched a random episode of Nitro from November 1999 and it was barely recognizable. They would do like five or six rapid fire backstage segments in a row and there was just so much shit going on and it was all Russorific. Among the stuff I can remember.

-Vince Russo (from behind, before he formally debuted onscreen)
-Clean-shaven Harris Twins wrestling in suits as Creative Control
-The Mamalukes taking Gene Okerlund to a strip club
-Gene Okerlund dancing with a dozen women
-Jeff Jarrett hitting Mike Tenay with a guitar
-Chavo Guerrero awkwardly filling in for Mike Tenay for the rest of the show
-Multiple segments showing infighting among the Nitro Girls
-Atrocious acting from The Total Package and Miss Elizabeth
-A Brian Knobbs promo
-A billion vignettes of Symphony (Ryan Shamrock) receiving presents from The Maestro
-Oklahoma

And among the matches - I saw Dr. Death facing Jerry Only from The Misfits in a steel cage, and Juventud Guerrero beating Jushin Thunder Liger for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship via smashing him over the head with a bottle of tequila.

Just batshit crazy stuff.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote