View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #39933
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post

It's very easy for people who don't need to deal with that shit to fence-sit and basically be a passive and enabling piece of shit.

This is mock humility and it's ironically more self-righteous than simply drawing a line and not tolerating racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, et al. "Look how great I am sharing space that has never been hostile to me with all these terrible people." In Australia we have a saying: Yeah, nah.

It's arguing over semantics, but I don't agree with your compartmentalized view of politics. That dude's racism is politics. Him being an asshole is political. You're just drawing a line and saying "politics ends here," but that's your line for whatever reason. For some, their everyday life is infested with people who hate them for being hated. It's cool you've never felt that -- good for you. But don't fucking dare tell my friends that have to put up with this shit that they are self-righteous for absolutely hating it and not tolerating people who cowardly stand up for the status quo and hide behind a smokescreen of self-assumed balance.

If you wear a logo that distances itself from the plight of black Americans making peaceful protests to draw attention to a system that routinely murders them, because you've got some odd psycho-sexual attraction to some cloth with colors on it and a song, then I'm going to think quite lowly of you as a human being. I don't have to enjoy your work; I don't have to support your art; I don't need to listen to you speak; and I don't need to give you any fucking money. And yes, I can absolutely hate you for shitty things you believe right down to your fucking racist core. And I deplore people who teach their children those values and perpetuate violence and corrupt systems.

Jesus Christ Noid, just go on a hunger strike and call yourself fucking Ghandi.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote