View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #39922
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrick View Post
you said your experiences showed you that people will typically show you they're assholes before their politics do. my example was the inverse; his politics inadvertently brought out his assholeness and racism.

but yeah, someones politics can cause me to dislike them. theres a point where you agree/disgaree on something, then theres a point where it takes a sharp turn and it ventures off into a whole other thing. if someone takes an issue with me kneeling for the anthem in order to protest the unjust murder of unarmed people of color on camera while the police officer who blatantly abused his power gets paid administrative leave, thats fine. Not liking it is completely okay. Being uncomfortable with it is also completely okay. But to make an attempt to force me to stand is fundamentally unAmerican especially when afterwards you try to hijack the narrative and make it about the military, the anthem itself, etc.

I don't expect Undertaker to kneel for the anthem. I don't expect him to understand my plight or to feel what I've gone through in my life. The issue isn't real to him because he's a white man in America with white children. I don't harbor ill-will towards him. America has been great to him, why would he care about the issue? His post wasn't even "EVERYONE BETTER STAND" it was "I stand for the Anthem" but of course he does. He has no reason not to. And I don't condemn him for that. It's his right.

I'm not really gonna talk anymore on the subject, and it has nothing to do with you at all, I just dont like talking about this on TPWW because I don't know who I'm talking to, what age, what level of education, are they trolling, etc. I'm here for the rasslin.
I pretty much agree with your post. I personally don't understand how anyone could have an issue with someone kneeling for the anthem... even if you disagree with their cause. That's the whole point of a free country, to be able to protest.

And that dude may have revealed he was an asshole through politics... but it wasn't his politics that made him a racist twat... it was being a racist twat that made him a racist twat.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote