View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #33229
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Roman.

We've collectively shot ourselves in the foot as WWE fans on Roman. We've created this, again. It is the exact same story as John Cena. WWE pushed a baby face, we reject him, have more fun booing him than we would playing along with the story and giving him the hero's welcome.

I wonder if this is just the way it is going to be now, if WWE's lead babyface will always get punished for being "the chosen one". Obviously a large portion of the WWE Universe still loves to hate Cena, but I think he's widely accepted more than he used to be as "The guy" on the WWE roster. His match record speaks for itself, he has great matches. I'd say the same for Roman but he's two times the worker Cena is. His matches will continue to be solid to great, and he will continue to be punished for being "the chosen one". Just like Cena, what would happen if you turn him heel? He'd be cheered, because we cannot allow WWE to tell us how to feel about anyone, especially "the guy". Austin broke the mold, Rock followed, allowing heelish persona's to be revered as qualities befitting of "the guy", the top baby face. No longer can we accept someone who is willing to "play by the rules". So perhaps like Roman has recently stated, why should he pick one side of the fence or the other? As long as he's getting a loud reaction, then he's doing his job. Bottom line, Roman is a great worker, born and bred for WWE legend. I'm not saying his booking couldn't have been better, same could be said for Cena. But with what he has to work with he does a great job. This Sunday there is a great chance he will be booed more than anyone ever at WM, he will end the Undertaker's career in all likelyhood and then go on to feud with Lesnar as the top babyface, and there is just nothing that we can do about it. Except stop watching and paying. And if you didn't do that for Cena, then I don't see you doing that for Roman.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote