View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 07:00 PM   #33
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Derailing my own thread here: Am I the only one who thinks that the size of a heel compared to a babyface matters? I mean, it's obviously a factor that certain people can get around: HBK worked heel against Taker.

I think a current problem with WWE is that everyone works the same match, because there is a "WWE Way to Do Things," and all the heels, regardless of size, act in a similar way (unless they are Stephanie McMahon and allowed to different shit). It's cut-off, chinlocks, scowls, feed for the babyface, kick out of their finish so they know you're "tough" even though you're a baddie at the moment, go home.

I think that's why Ambrose as a heel doesn't interest me. I have no interest in seeing him chinlock Roman Reigns. And that's why Reigns vs. Sami Zayn doesn't interest me -- I have no interest in Reigns lying around waiting for Zayn to get back on offense after he's fought out from under with a big move.

Ambrose as a heel would interest me a lot more if I knew he had autonomy over what he was going to do and say, and how he was going to put together a match. If he was using his cunning and sadistic streak to gain an underhanded advantage over a dude like Rusev -- that would be really cool. But I have a feeling it is going to the same shit, different dude.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote