View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 06:35 PM   #35
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I had a dream scenario come to me last night, while trying really, really, really hard to make current WWE interesting. I think my ideal angle right now would be depressed, single John Cena wanting to make some extra money from Vince McMahon by helping him out with his "Vision" for WWE. He helps Roman Reigns win the Universal Title at SummerSlam, screwing over Brock Lesnar.

On Raw, Vince McMahon comes out and says that now the Universal Title is off Brock, he doesn't need to pay him an arm and a leg just to be here -- he's not got the belt on his golden boy, Roman Reigns. John Cena says he helped Vince McMahon because he's all about WWE and that there are very few men who can carry the workload of being a true champion.

Daniel Bryan's contract is coming up, so he confronts Vince during a segment. He says that he will only re-sign with the WWE if Vince agrees to a little wager. He knows Vince won't give up WWE willingly, but everybody knows it is time for him to step away. He's going to prove it to Vince by beating him in a game of stakes, because if Vince can't rise to the occasion, that is the only way Vince McMahon himself will realize it. The game of stakes is a Survivor Series Elimination Match in November, with Daniel Bryan leading a team against Vince McMahon's "Vision." If Vince wins, he'll sign a new contract for chips and continue doing what he loves, but all his merchandise money goes to Vince; if Bryan wins, then Vince has to step down as Chairman of WWE.

Vince's first port of call is obviously Roman Reigns and John Cena, followed by Triple H. Daniel Bryan announces that Brock Lesnar is looking for some pay-back, and Brock will be on Team Bryan at Survivor Series. Vince panics, and as a result gets into the ear of The Undertaker, who is a Vince guy (I had Lashley, but just changed it to Taker because). Bryan announces that WWE Champion AJ Styles, Cesaro and Rusev will be joining his team. In the case of Cesaro and Rusev, it's a nice way to elevate a great talent that isn't that over, and a talent that is pretty over. Randy Orton and Samoa Joe are both too cool to give a shit about this war, so they turn down Vince's offer to join his team, so he books them in a match against each other. Shinsuke Nakamura wants the last spot on Team Vince, but Vince turns him down in favor of Sheamus (this could also be Bobby Lashley to get him on the team, but whatever). Seth Rollins did want on the babyface team, but Bryan doesn't trust him to go against Reigns, since they have such strong ties.

Survivor Series Main Event: Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, Cesaro & Rusev vs. Roman Reigns, John Cena, Triple H, The Undertaker & Sheamus

* Brock destroys Sheamus with relative ease and eliminates him.

* I had Lashley then getting an amateur style flash pin on Brock to set something up between them, but assuming that he is out of the match, I'd have Brock eliminate Taker too. Send him on a bit of a warpath before he is a shock elimination.

* Reigns pins Brock to definitively get one up over him.

* Triple H eliminates Cesaro & Rusev because Triple H needs something because he's Triple H.

* Triple H starts selling a quad injury. Vince yells at Triple H at ringside, and Trips musters what he can to get back into the ring, but Styles catches him with a Calf-Crusher and Triple H taps out in the biggest match of his father-in-law's life.

* John Cena pins AJ Styles to set up a WWE Title match between the two for #17.

* Daniel Bryan battles back and manages to eliminate John Cena. You'd probably save an actual tap-out for a later date, so maybe he gets a roll-up after a miscommunication between Cena and Reigns.

* Bryan pins Reigns with the knee and he wins the match and Vince is gone.

* By the way, Samoa Joe is Money in the Bank Winner and comes down to watch the final fall. After Bryan wins the match, he enters the ring and cashes in his contract after Vince has been whisked away to build on top of that moment with another one. Joe chokes out Reigns and becomes the new Universal Champion.

Hopefully from this you further define some characters. Orton and Joe aren't the sort to start taking sides in a war; Seth Rollins may have some gripes with Daniel Bryan; Nakamura might have some gripes with the heel side; Brock might have a new match coming out of it, etc.

It's not fully formed in my head, but TL;DR: In a perfect world (and I am no longer a "turn John Cena heel" person), I would probably have Cena help Reigns win the Universal Title, haha.

Last edited by Mr. Nerfect; 05-17-2018 at 02:52 AM.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote