Thread: The CWC Years
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 09:53 PM   #9
LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth82
the CWC years are definitely fascinating.

so many big names that you would never think of as New York guys worked that territory.

I would be interested to see just how much footage of that time period WWE has in their vaults.

I'd love to see more of Jerry and Eddie Graham as a team. seen them cut a promo the other week on Rocca and Perez they could never do today. something about how Puerto Rico has never had the competition to produce world beating athletes. they'll be sending them to mexico in a cattle car.
Oh yeah that might not go over well today. We see how folks reacted to what Mahal said to Nakamura. I'd also be interested to see what WWE has in the vault. The list of guys who passed through NY reads like a wrestling Who's Who. Speaking of Rocca and Pérez, did Pérez ever headline solo? I know Rocca-Pérez were a top drawing team and Rocca was also a draw singles wise but I saw Pérez ranked at #12 on the Top 50 Draws in WWE History list compiled by Meltzer some yrs back.

New column on my site dedicated to WWE
What Is It About Me?
LibSuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote