View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 10:07 PM   #178
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
@Noid: Is there anything she could do or say or any new information that could come out that would ruin her credibility/rob her of the benefit of doubt in your mind?
If she came out and said "I am lying about this, haha," as far as things she could say. As far as things that could come out -- if credible witnesses say that they saw the initiation of the act and knew that Sheahan had consented. If the medical reports from her hospital tenure play contrary to sexual assault. If the people she spoke to at the hospital have some sort of insight that suggests that her claims are fraudulent.

But, basically, I give the allegedly victims the benefit of the doubt. Again, statistics say that it is basically pointless to pretend you are a victim, because people chew them apart, by and large. If she's making it up because she has a mental issue, I hope she gets help. But her being a train wreck human, as you said, doesn't mean she wasn't raped. It probably makes her more of a target for this sort of thing. And I'm not saying Enzo picked her out for that sort of thing, but she clearly lacks the sense of tact to keep her out of these situations. That doesn't mean it's her fault or completely okay for Enzo to sport fuck her while she's coked up and passing out, or whatever happened. She may not treat herself or others right, but she still deserves the dignity of having her claims be treated as serious and credibly investigated.

It costs nothing for me to give her the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't matter to me whether or not she is a junkie or a prostitute or whatever. It makes no difference to my life. I honestly don't get why people are concerned about things like her "credibility" in 2018. Like, as BigCrippyZ said -- if she said she was a virgin in court and then someone came forward and said "Hang on, I have evidence we slept together, therefore she is not telling the truth in this instance," it would matter more to me. Her being a train wreck just doesn't eliminate her from my scope of compassion. If anything, I think she needs more of it.

I'm not saying you're a bad person for not believing her or whatever -- I want to clarify that. She's not the sort of person I'd want to hang out with, either. I'm just of the opinion that going through her past to try and discredit current claims just isn't as relevant as other people seem to think it is. It's a shame people lie, but I don't think the truth cares about a lie you told yesterday.

If Enzo is innocent, I hope he is cleared of all charges. I can't see a way he comes out of this smelling like roses, however, because it sounds like he either had sex without her consent, they had coked up sex, or she was coked up and he fucked her. I say this because the other alleged witnesses all seem to put Enzo and drugs there, and the police seem to have DNA. All those scenarios contain some measure of a crime as the books currently stand, with the most benign being drug use, which the WWE may not take kindly to anyway. I doubt we see him back in the WWE. I can't say I'll miss him.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote