View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 08:24 PM   #58
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
More are capable of rape than lying about rape. People don't really wrap their heads around that, like complex maths problems. If you rank rape as being worse than telling a lie about it, then just think about how awful the world is when the worse thing happens more. And these are only the ones that are reported. It's a bit of a mind-fuck, really.
What is there to wrap my head around? I understand what you're saying. I take these allegations very seriously. I simply have a different perspective and don't take what the HuffPost tells me to believe to heart. I also don't stand on a moral high ground when discussing these issues. Realistically Noid, I can have whatever fucking opinion I want about these issues, as long as I'm not actually raping people.

But the main thing is, because these turn into he-said-she-said muck raking situations, the court of public opinion takes over and deems people guilty, when really we'll never know. Which is why SOME people are very resistant to the guilty until proven innocent pitchfork mentality plaguing enough of the population

It's a difficult subject to discuss. A family member was molested by her doctor as a 12-year-old. She didn't come forward sadly, but she also was a poor Jewish girl in South Africa during Apartheid, so she wasn't exactly empowered.

As I said, I'm happy this girl reported it to the police. But sensationalizing something this serious via Twitter is at the very least a damning indictment on society.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote