View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #570
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by WWE's warning about Renee's dancing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Mick Foley is taking the rest of the month off from appearing on WWE programming … but the company insists he hasn’t been suspended or released.

A rep for WWE tells us, “Mick is taking time off to spend the holidays with his family and do his volunteer work as Santa. He has not been released or fired.”

The move is slightly odd, considering he’s in the middle of a storyline involving Sami Zayn. Plus, he’s the main authority figure on Raw and no mention was made of this on the show this week.

WWE officials add, “He will return to Raw on Monday, January 2.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 12/15 Total Nonstop Deletion edition of Impact did 329,000 viewers, up from last week's 303,000 viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
It was announced on Wrestling Observer Live that wXw is the latest promotion to sign with FloSports. The sides inked a two-year deal which will start on 12/21 with the airing of this past weekend's anniversary show from Oberhausen, Germany that featured Jurn Simmons defending the title against both Marty Scurll and Adam Cole.
Quote:
A very interesting article noting Shane McMahon no longer has any WWE stock.
Had around 2% a few years ago and sold the majority of it prior to his return to the WWE. Link to the article with more details about Shane and Vince in terms of ownership power: http://www.fightful.com/breakdown-cu...ahon-still-own

Quote:
There will be more material taped from Cameron, NC on the next two week's of Impact, which will be mostly year-in-review shows.
Quote:
After a generation, Hiroshi Tanahashi will be retiring his entrance music tonight at Korakuen Hall. He will debut a new song at the Tokyo Dome.
Quote:
Ryan Phillipe will be on Smackdown this Tuesday to promote the show "Shooter" which airs after Smackdown.
Best chance for Swagger to make an appearance considering the actor plays a character also named Swagger.

Quote:
Trump has claimed that McMahon helped grow WWE from a “modest 13-person operation to a publicly traded global enterprise with more than 800 employees in offices worldwide” ― a statement that appears word-for-word on McMahon’s personal website.

But the real story is more complicated — and controversial.

The World Wrestling Federation, which later became WWE, and that McMahon had a hand in running for nearly three decades, was not exactly a small business when she and her husband, Vince, took it over from Vince’s father in 1982, said Dr. Scott Beekman, a historian at the University of Rio Grande and the author of Ringside: A History of Professional Wrestling in America.

“They might have had 13 employees when they took over, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t running monthly shows at the premier palace in the nation,” Beekman said, referring to Madison Square Garden, where Vince McMahon’s father had begun staging wrestling matches even before the couple assumed control of the business. The company already controlled wrestling across the mid-Atlantic and Northeast region. “It was a far larger operation” than the term small business would suggest, Beekman said.
Link to the article that goes into more details debunking the "small business" origins of the WWE in regards to the Vince and Linda era of control. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b012849c0609ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
After originally not planning to air TNA's Total Nonstop Deletion episode, ChallengeTV in the UK announced that they will indeed be airing the madcap episode on Sunday 12/18 at 9 PM Locally.
Quote:
After being out with a serious concussion, Timothy Thatcher is no longer sowing any concussion symptoms and has been cleared to start training. He will return with matches on 1/27 and 1/28 in San Antonio, and there is a tease he'll defend the Evolve title against Jeff Cobb on one of those shows.

Evolve announced that Chris Dickinson, Jaka and Jason Kincaid have all signed deals with the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announced that both shows for the WWE UK Championship Tournament has sold out.

Thank you WWE Universe. We've SOLD OUT both nights of the @WWEUKCT in Blackpool! Watch all the action this January on @WWENetwork! pic.twitter.com/tBxyln3X7J
— WWE UK Championship (@WWEUKCT) December 16, 2016
Quote:
As noted, WWE Superstar Randy Orton was a guest on Tom Clark's Main Event podcast. During the show, Orton talked a bit about his future career plans.

According to Orton, he would like to continue to wrestle for 10 more years.

"For the immediate future and, s--t, for 10 more years, I would love to, if I'm able to, wrestle. This is what I enjoy doing." Orton continued, "the day of a pay-per-view when you're thinking of what you can do and then you get the payoff, the reward, that night. It's a different animal. That live audience is a different animal. You grow as a WWE Superstar and really appreciate the reactions we pull out of these fans."

When asked whether he would join in the chase to beat Ric Flair's record world championship reigns, the 12-time world champion said he definitely has a few more title runs left in him. Orton went on to say that titles are merely "icing on the cake" at this point in his decorated professional wrestling career.

"I've definitely got a few more [world title reigns] left in me. I'd say maybe even a handful. It [has] been two-and-a-half, three years since I had the big title around my waist, but being tag champs now, the last time I was tag champs and the only time before was in 2007, so going on 10 years later I get my second run as tag champ and that's cool. Do you know what I mean? s--t, I'd go fight for the I.C. title or whatever title they put in front of me, it's an honor to hold that title."

Orton added, "if I never won it again, that would be okay with me. I'm a 12-time world champion. I've accomplished so much in the WWE. I just go out there and continue to entertain people and get my kids excited because they get to watch daddy on TV, those kinds of rewards, that's what I'm doing it for now. Any gold around my waist, that's just icing on the cake."
Quote:
I received so many letters, emails, and well-wishes from people everywhere telling me that I was in their prayers after I announced my battle with prostate cancer. I believe there is a lot of power in prayer, and I believe a lot of those prayers worked. I appreciate and remember everything that my fans have done for me.

People prayed for me in my battle and I can say with great pride and gratitude that I successfully beat prostate cancer. I’m looking forward to a beautiful Christmas this year in Canada, and I will always be grateful for all the fans that supported me.

My health is really good now. On my last visit with my doctor, he told me my PSA level was zero and I’d had a one-in-ten recovery. He said I was a miracle. One of the difficult aspects of my fight with prostate cancer was the decision to go public. Prostate cancer has killed a lot of people and I like to think my coming out and talking about it would encourage other men to get checked. It’s my understanding that one out of every seven men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer. The key to beating this disease is early detection with regular PSA-level testing. All men over the age of 40 should get their PSA levels checked. All that entails is a simple blood test.
From a recent interview Bret Hart had with Sports Illustrated revealing he's now cancer free.

Some other sheet news includes:
  1. A recent article by website Fightful states 2017 could end up being a huge year for wrestling in terms of streaming services bringing major changes to the industry itself. http://www.fightful.com/turbulent-ye...nd-powerbombtv
  2. WWE recently released a new album on iTunes called "WWE: Uncaged" which is a set of previously unreleased entrance themes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ww...d/id1185077337
  3. NJPW's owner recently teased they will be making a big announcement in the near future and its related to WWE's current quest to take over more wrestling markets. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...will_announce/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote