View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 11:21 PM   #67
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Them being on Carson did translate to anything meaningful. Theres a reason Vince didnt tour the south, who wouldnt draw here. Just like Hogan jumping to WCW didnt boost the gate any. They were already filling the arenas. Only thing Hogan did was let them run different areas. Because despite Vinces claims he was regional too. NE and hey did *ok* on the west coast. Tbf no one has ever done great on he west coast. But that's where he primarily drew his numbers.

I cant speak for Canada im not Canadian but i am a southerner. Hogan was nothing down here and being on NBC did change that. We watched TBS. To my knowledge NWA never made any effort to expand into CAN be WWF going into SE CAN isnt exactly a far drive, still essentially regional.
The WWF did tour the south a lot. They were on Arsenio Hall constantly , Regis and Kathy Lee etc...all National shows.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote