View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #4236
Downunder
God Bless America

Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaGeorgio View Post
Dear Zachary - GO WATCH THIS NOW.

For a documentary like this, it's hard to truly give it a rating out of 10 in the same vein we all have rated movies in the past. This is an extremely powerful movie about a family whose son is murdered. The son, was a well liked man in his late 20's just beginning his career as a doctor. He comes off as the type of man who everyone loves and considers their best friend. He was murdered by his ex-girlfriend. It comes out that his ex was pregnant. She flees to her hometown in Canada. The parents of the victim move out there to begin the process of getting custody of their grandchild.

The film was made by the victims close friend as a way for Zachary, the child to have a sense of who his father was. He goes around the US interviewing everyone the victim has touched in is life, ending up with the Grandparents in Canada. The film is an emotional rollercoaster. It's almost guaranteed the toughest of toughest guys will cry. I really hope that if you read this, you check out this movie. It's the type of movie that will be on your mind for weeks and in some way impact your life.
Fucking just about destroyed me - my wife left the room, wouldn't watch the last 20 minutes.
Downunder is offline   Reply With Quote