View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 02:41 AM   #195
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post

Eva Marie got so much fucking heat in NXT because she was doing the diva thing. Sure, that was largely because she couldn't wrestle and the crowd thought they knew it, but Emmalina was going to take elements of that and put it into someone who can at least hold a note.
Nah. The crowd was well aware Eva couldn't wrestle, and the heat she was getting was absolutely the wrong heat. To paraprhase Cornette: it wasn't "I want to see this heel get beat up", it was "I don't want to see this heel"... and actually, as it went on, being a heel didn't matter, and it became "please for the love of God get this woman in particular the fuck away from a wrestling ring".

When you have half the audience actively cringe on TV at a very visibly blown spot/bad landing in every match where it looked like she was going to legit kill herself or her opponent or both, and yet the company still stays behind her for months because of whatever heel heat she supposedly got from Total Divas (never watched it, so I don't know and don't care), you should come to realize it isn't out of her being sexy with jealousy directed towards her (subjective: I didn't think she was hot at all) or a "diva", that is a "half them, half her" situation.

She didn't have the ability whatsoever for the plans that were in place, and yet they seemed bound and determined to make her the next top heel for the women's division in spite of all the talent that were active and the ones successfully being trained. It was like the opposite of Daniel Bryan; instead of bypassing a person who is good and over because they don't see it, they were pushing someone who was god awful and very not over, and getting less over because of how clumsy she was in the ring and how unbearable even her canned mic work was. She wasn't improving, but she was still getting the rocket up her ass. It was on her that she wasn't talented, but shame on WWE for continuing to try to shove that square peg in the star hole.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote