View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 11:24 PM   #13744
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Every person in that Ladder Match needs to record a promo where they talk about what the IC Title means to them. If you don't air them all, cool, but every character needs to have a reason for wanting it.

* Bad News Barrett could have been in the audience when Davey Boy Smith and Bret Hart fought over the title in the main event of SummerSlam 1992, when he was just 11 years old. That could have been the moment that made him want to be a fighter.

* Dean Ambrose has made his position pretty clear.

* Dolph Ziggler can show off as champion. His hard work, his effort, his ability -- it is all displayed in the Intercontinental Division, because it attracts the hungriest young men -- young men like him -- who want to prove themselves worthy of the top spot. And being the champion means he's hungrier; he's better than all of them.

* R-Truth has been training since 1997. When he first got into a wrestling ring, Owen Hart was the Intercontinental Champion. When he was scouting the competition, Stone Cold Steve Austin won his first Intercontinental Championship. Truth saw Triple H and The Rock fight in a Ladder Match at SummerSlam 1998, and that was it. "One day, I am going to be the Intercontinental Champion. I am going to be that good. That is what I was working towards every day of my life, so I didn't have to go back to prison. So I didn't have to be nothing."

* Daniel Bryan is addicted to the feeling of being the best. He may not be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, but he will be a champion. And he will fight harder and better than any other champion in the WWE. Any other champion in the world. People will look at him and say "That's the sort of champion I want to be."

* Luke Harper tasted the money and the attention the Intercontinental Title brought him. He didn't like all the eyes on him, but he never felt like he had a...home before. The IC Title is his home. When he's the champion, he gets punched in the face harder. When he's the champion, he gets to punch people in the face harder. There's no home for people like Harper unless he's got that title.

* Finn Balor has the chance to step onto the grandest stage of them all, and he gets to do what only one other person has ever done -- win the Intercontinental Title in his first match. Few men have debuted at WrestleMania, and no one has debuted at WrestleMania and left with a title. Balor gets to make history. He gets to become immortal night one.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote