View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #474
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
When you love something and want it to be better its hard not to be passionate about it.

I've also dedicated a lot of my time to watching, reading about and writing about wrestling over my formative years. It's hard to just throw that all away because everything has gotten so stale and cold. It hurts my feelings that wrestling, in my opinion, has gotten so lame that my love for it can't push me to watch the weekly television anymore, and that I now root for a company to experience financial decline so they actually change something to bring me back into the fold.

I don't want to be cynical about wrestling. I'd much rather throw my hands in the air and go back to being entertained. But watching everybody work the same match, cut the same promo, have interchangeable motifs and basically be as gentrified as fuck makes it really hard to generate any sort of emotional energy to throw into them -- and they're definitely not getting my money after constantly telling me that none of this shit means anything.

I still follow, out of habit and because I genuinely want to love wrestling, but it's fucking hard. And Raw, SmackDown, NXT and most PPVs have lost me. To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure I'll catch Mania, because I'll be working during the airing the show, and I'll probably catch a review before I re-sign, because I don't want to risk them getting money for a shit show, and it will probably be shit.

I'll catch clips on YouTube when they upload them for the viewz.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote