View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 01:37 AM   #464
Luigi
"Let's-a go!"

Luigi is "reptacular" (2,500+)Luigi is "reptacular" (2,500+)Luigi is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Absolutely brilliant Raw.

* Having Steph beat up Ronda is great for business. Now fans don't necessarily see Ronda as the superior athlete, which creates DRAMA and TENSION for the upcoming match.

* I like the story of Angle being a failure. Hopefully fans that have never seen Angle before will be able to appreciate him trying to redeem himself and prove that he is relevant in 2018.

* I like the Q&A and photo-op stuff. Very MMA and makes this match seem LEGIT.

* I'm really pumped about this Women's Battle Royal. You only get to be the first one time. Just ask Becky, Carmella, Asuka, Charlotte and Sasha about that.

* The WWE is so varied. On one hand you've got the legit fight between Triple H & Stephanie and Ronda & Angle, and then you've got matches like the Triple Threat. Unlike real fighting, the WWE is willing to say "we don't mind putting three people in the ring at one time." It helps sets them apart from the monotonous one-on-one formula that I think most fans must be bored of. Boring old wrestling would have had Seth Rollins and Finn Balor fight to decide who gets to face the champion, but these modern innovations throw out rankings and the like. It's exciting and unpredictable. I hope they add more people to this match by Sunday.

* At WrestleMania you don't get just ONE Battle Royal, but TWO. Talk about value for money.

* Goldust vs. Matt Hardy was such a clever way to promote just how many weird and interesting characters the WWE has under their employ. This Battle Royal is going to be hilarious. Will an old veteran like Goldust win, or will a young blue-chipper like Matt Hardy take it?

* "PROCURE! PROCURE!" Haha, Matt Hardy is so funny. How can people think wrestling is getting worse?

* Alexa Bliss might be the best actress the WWE has ever had, and that's taking into consideration a lot of very talented performers. Her acting inside the ring is almost as good as her acting outside it. I expect her bout with Nia Jax to be wrought with emotion.

* Wow, John Cena right up there with Alexa Bliss in terms of those acting chops. What a promo. The WWE has never not promoted such a high profile match heading into WrestleMania. What a brilliant marketing strategy. When this match does happen at Mania, everyone will collectively lose their minds. "Anything can happen in the WWE!"

* Elias is such a good heel. I hope that when they turn him face he gets to actually release a music CD, because he could be one of their biggest crossover stars.

* It looks like Curt Hawkins might be Braun Strowman's WrestleMania partner. I like the way the WWE sends the message that even if you lose and lose constantly, a big moment and championship win could be right around the corner. Gone are the days of win-loss records boxing wrestling into making only a select number of decisions. Predictable. I'm looking forward to Curt Hawkins' second Tag Team Championship reign.

* Braun is so funny. I like the way he sends the message that you can be a bad-ass and still enjoy a good joke.

* Nia Jax is such an inspiration for being big and BEAUTIFUL. The WWE have created another successful role model. I imagine that they will get a lot of sponsors and that Nia will get invited to talk in high schools as the champion, bringing in a whole new generation of fans.

* I love the face turn for Dana Brooke. As a heel she wasn't doing anything, but there is definitely place for her as a face. She might be a darkhorse to take the Women's Battle Royal.

* What an end segment. Holy cow. Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns have a big fight feel, and they've done a tremendous job finally getting Reigns over as a babyface. I like that Reigns used logic to defeat the Raw roster and get his hands on Brock. But Heyman said that it is a spoiler that Brock wins, and Heyman's spoilers are usually correct. Bad news for the Big Dog.

Overall a great Raw and I think the electric atmosphere for this packed 7 HOUR SHOW is going to rise it to a level never seen by a WrestleMania.
Sarcasm at its finest ladies and gentlemen.

If you don't enjoy the product, then why continue watching?
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote