Thread: Cobra Kai
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #28
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm on episode four. William Zabka is fantastic in this show, really brilliant in keeping with the character we know and a gift in insight towards how his life panned out post crane kick.
I've gotten a membership just to see the whole series.

Kalyx was on the money re: non-pc dialogue. It's very, very funny. I would say the only flaws come from the by-the-numbers approach to Daniel's relationship with his daughter so far and her relationship with the clique at school.
A minor quibble but it's overdone and the mother being an idiot who gives dreadful advice in keeping with her social-climber status is painful to watch. It adds very little to the show. We get it - Daniel lost touch with his values when Miyagi died.

Miguel and Johnny are the draw for me. I know where it's going because I read it all but it's done extraordinarily well for the most part and whoever was tasked with keeping the canon-consistency has done phenomenally well.

A joy to watch.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote