View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #388
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I haven't seen Dunne's promotion, so I can't comment on that. I do disagree with your assessment of Cornette and "his" business. Cornette is one of the least selfish dudes in the industry. I think that's a huge part of what pisses him off today -- the "kids" are selfish in trying to "get their shit in" and undercut the main event guys, for example. It's selfish to "go into business for yourself" and do comedy stuff while the main event dudes are trying to get seriously over. "Fuck the positives?" Maybe. I think Cornette sees the positives pretty clearly, but what are the positives to swinging your dick around like it's a magic rod? I think Cornette has effectively weighed the "positives" of that approach against the positives of another approach, and demonstrated how it's not that positive.

It comes down to 15-year-old boy syndrome to me. There are people who think that bad for the sake of becoming good is good, but it's really just bad. Or, if it does effectively masquerade, it's only good until something good comes along.
And there we hit a major flaw in your, or should I say Cornette's argument: Ignorance. He's learning about most of the stuff third hand, making assumptions and then holding grudges over his own misconceptions. Pete Dunne is a great world class talent until somebody sends Jim Cornette a video of him being frozen in place by a guy dressed as Sub Zero.

As for fuck the positives, you seem to have missed the context of that one entirely. There is no weighing up when it comes to "Fuck Kenny Omega / Mick Foley / Cody Rhodes / Ciampa / etc" because all the positives become moot over one small thing.

Best wrestler in the world? Fuck him, he wrestled a little girl, blackball him and slit his throat.

Good friend of 30 years, highly successful icon of the industry? Took a dick flip, fuck him what a piece of shit.

Guy I've been singing the praises of lately but just found out he took a thumb in the ass spot in PWG years ago? Fuck him, break his legs, ban him from wrestling.

Son of one the all time greats, been on good terms since he was a child, been a big supporter of up until now? Yeah he took a dick flip too, fuck him, burn in hell what a piece of shit.

In every Cornette clip I've ever heard of him going off on somebody he literally uses the term "MY business", he's selfish as fuck, as is every other promotor ever. He thinks his way is the only way and anyone who does something he doesn't like deserves banishment or death. Unless this is supposed to be humour? Absurdist humour doesn't fit such a serious man though does it?

As multiple people have stressed, Joey Ryan is a niche comedy act and he isn't hurting anyone with his dumb move. Let's not forget Jim Cornette slapped Santino because he thought Santino laughing made the Boogeyman look like he wasn't legit. He thought The fucking Boogeyman didn't make wrestling look like utter shit. This was even before they gave him the "oh he just thinks he's a Boogeyman because he's an actor playing a part or something and he went too deep" backstory because they realised how fucking dumb the character was. Maybe everyone who wrestles Joey Ryan is an actor, playing the part of a guy who was paid to grab his dick because wrestling. Just to re-iterate, I'm not a fan of Joey Ryan.

If you need to keep going back to Joey Ryan, who is not a great wrestler and has found a way to get himself booking and make more money, as the be all and end all example of Cornette is always right it would seem you are the one who is grapsing at straws CyNoid.

You know who Cornette or anyone never goes after when they mention Ryan? Danshoku Dino, the guy who gave him the dick flip spot in the first place and has been doing a much more homo-erotic number of penis spots for the past ten years in DDT. Ryan isn't even doing anything new. Ignorance. Such ignorance.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote