View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 01:40 AM   #367
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
I'm down on Triple H period. He has his moments, but it feels like he isn't nearly as big a deal as they try to pretend he is/was. Case in point: trying to paint Kurt as "over the hill", but Hunter deciding to take off his suit and he's supposed to instantly be the counterbalance to the other team having Cena? He and Angle are practically peers on equal footing, but somehow Hunter is supposed to yet again be this massively dangerous secret weapon and waaayyyy better than Kurt freakin' Angle? The fuck outta here.

"... he.... he did, didn't he? He came out of retirement to beat me. Then, he went away again." -CM Punk
He's such a fucking goober during the Attitude era. I had this idea that he was cool and part of the sculpting of it. Fuck no. He's a dork hanger-on generally getting apathy. When he finally wins the WWF Title, he's not nearly as over as he needs to be. Then Mick Foley breaks his back bending over for Triple H as far as he did to get him ready for WrestleMania, where he's involved in some stunt booking and you consequently get a another great PPV buy out of it, but then he amounts to about the rest as everybody else in a, grant you, very hot year.

Don't get me wrong, his work in 2000 was great. But there's this idea that he's responsible for that being a banner year for the company. That was all The Rock. Then he actually fucks Kurt Angle in the later part of that year. When he came back it wasn't long until he was tanking as a babyface. Since then he has meant nothing to business or my personal enjoyment of the show.

He's obviously significant. I wouldn't argue otherwise. But he's not anywhere near as effective in that significant role as the company makes out, and people just gobble that shit up. When he was active he was constantly cutting down people around him so he would appear taller, and he would shoe-horn himself into stuff he had no business being involved in. That Triple Threat at WrestleMania XXIV -- what the fuck was that about? WrestleMania does better when he's not there, yet he's got to have this giant fucking entrance every year to remind us of how important it is when Triple H comes to town, even though no one gives a fuck.

In 2011 the hottest angle they had somehow became Triple H vs. Nash. In 2012 he's wrestling The Undertaker for the third time at WrestleMania. In 2013 he's beating Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. In 2014 he tried to get the Punk match. In 2015 he's beating Sting at WrestleMania. In 2016 he's shoe-horned himself into the main event of their biggest show ever. Only a handful of people in the world see Triple H as the opponent of an act they're interested in and get more interested.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote