View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 04:23 AM   #68
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It wouldn't surprise me. It's hard to gauge the success of Nakamura. In one sense, he feels a lot "colder" on the internet. It feels like they've stifled the things that made him Nakamura and lent him the perception of being the most charismatic guy in wrestling. On the other hand, they've put him over Cena and Orton, compared him to Cena (he sort of got put symbolically in Cena's place after WrestleMania) and I'm sure he's known more to fans in the US now.

WWE doesn't want tall nails, they want guys to be "WWE over" in the sense that they feel part of the show. Since he's feeling quite gentrified, it really does feel like he's part of the show. Maybe this is all part of their plan? I mean, all he needs to do is go out there and have another blinder with Zayn or one with Styles and people will be on his dick again.

Culture shock can be huge for Japanese guys too. I was reading an article about how there's actually a name for the depression they often get when they go abroad. It's possible that Nakamura is still adjusting to being on the road so far from Japan, etc.

I dunno, maybe WWE considers him a roaring a success by their own metrics, which are the only metrics that really matter to them. So it wouldn't surprise me if he is re-signed and spends the rest of his career there. It also wouldn't surprise me if this time next year reports bubble that he's massively unhappy, feels suffocated as an artist and wants to go back to New Japan.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote