View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #280
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I know critically these movies have been negative but they fit what I've been looking for. I'm never one to read critics anyway. I think they've represented the characters well in a modern reality while also having that comic book feel. I understand the tone argument but I also feel like the characters have dictated the tone of the movies and always believed that introducing characters later on like Flash and Cyborg would naturally lighten up the tone.

I don't get all the love for Wonder Woman though. I liked it and thought it was good as well but I thought it was pretty much Man of Steel only with Wonder Woman. They told extremely similar stories with the only difference being how the title character chooses to be a hero.

Now I'll admit I only own DC comics and probably am a bit bias towards the movies. I enjoy the Marvel movies but probably don't get all the references to the source material as much as I do the DC films. I also feel like the Marvel movies have set the mold for a comic book movie and enjoyed the alternative that DC movies presented and just hope they don't push to far into that mold.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote