View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #1290
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
I have to agree with Road Dogg. I'm sure in three months nobody will care because we'll all be used to it.

A good chunk of wrestling fans seem to be very protective of what they watch and along with some of them wearing their nostalgia glasses, they don't like change unless it's change that they want.

When the ropes changed to white a few years back, some fans complained. About a month or so later, nobody cared about the ropes.

When the stages for Raw and SmackDown changed to the HD setup, people complained. Again, a month or so later, nobody cared.

When Titantrons were scrapped in favour of what we have now, people complained, but now nobody cares.

And I really don't need to go into detail about when changes are made to the designs of championships.

But that's (some) wrestling fans for you.

Personally, I will miss pyro and I'm sure guys like Kane and special appearances from, for example, Batista (if that ever happens) will have their pyro but to me, it's no big deal.

Anyway, with the amount of cold openings Raw done before the second split, I'm used to not seeing pyro all the time.
People still hate the ropes when they distract from the product. The 205 Live ropes still get criticized all the time.

It's not that nobody cared about the set designs. Every so often, things will come up like "How do you set the shows apart" and people say "different sets." It was like one of the most common pieces of input you'd see around the place.

I STILL hate the championship belt designs, but hate how they are booked even more.

There's a difference between people not caring and people just dropping an issue because it's done and they have to deal with it. People get sick of homogenization, and they eventually do things like stop watching show in enough numbers that you drop from #2 to #6.

Besides, the point isn't actually about the pyro, it's about Road Dogg being a public figure and talking down to audiences. Even if you do hold contempt for people, you don't go public with it and air it. "Unprofessional" isn't even the right word. It's Russo-level shit. Plus, it's more of that Vince McMahon/CyNick-spouted (in the wrestling sense, you see it all over the place) millennial trope bullshit that has been myth-busted time and time again. No, they're not lazy. No, they aren't dumb. No, their attention spans aren't worse. It's an old dude myth that gets perpetuated because it feels intuitively true to old dudes without anything to back it up. It fucks with every logic center in my brain.

It's talking out your ass. Someone in Road Dogg's position should not be doing that on Twitter. Period. Talk out your ass as a punter all you want. People will bust your balls with facts and data when they feel the need. But when you are in the position of representing the creative direction of a stagnant company, don't show yourself to be an ass-talker. Fuck's sake.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote