View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #31
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
There's more than just being in the main event. There is long-term business to think about and a way to create more stars by off-shooting from Omega. For example, it makes perfect sense for him to be in the G1 again. It also makes sense for him to lose in the finals, putting over another guy (my money is on Naito still) and then having to face the reality he won't be challenging for the IWGP Heavyweight Title. What's the next best thing? Personal pride? The IC Title? There are other ways to spread Omega out and essentially get two special attractions and create quite a few stars around him.

I'd honestly have him penciled in to win the G1 Climax in 2018. Make it a story of redemption for Omega. He wins the G1 after failing a year before hand and then possibly heads into war against either Naito or Okada for redemption in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 13.

If you did this, you'd probably have the IWGP Heavyweight Title move from Okada to Suzuki and then back to Okada. Naito probably fails at Wrestle Kingdom 12. He and Omega fight in the G1, Omega wins and then heads against Okada, where he finally wins the IWGP Heavyweight Title after over two years of chasing, provided that he signs another two year deal with New Japan. Honestly, if I'm New Japan, I'd probably try to lock him down for 5, but I'm not sure they do business that way.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote