View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #41530
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner View Post
Graham was so fucked up on drugs by the end of his reign that it would have ended one way or another. I would have found a way to get Dusty to stay for a while. He would come in for a few random shots like against Graham for example and he was over as hell!

Backlund was a really good draw though and he was very over until 83. If Snuka hadn't been so fucked up then (drugs, murder), I would have put the belt on him in 83, or maybe Muraco.
That sounds reasonable as hell. I'm honestly not up to brush on my Backlund. I hear a lot of mixed reviews about his performances critically and commercially. He sounds like a guy that did consistently well, but didn't have the same spikes as Bruno or Hogan. I was going to say "he held the ship together," but having a 6-year title reign is a bit more than that, haha. A lot of people say that losing the belt is to blame for Graham's rapid downfall, but it is logical to consider whether the addiction was more primary in that.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote