View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 10:35 PM   #488
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Vader Time Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw last night, built around appearances of Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg, Shane McMahon, and Daniel Bryan in preshow promotion, did 2.87 million viewers, a number that would be the second highest of this football season, trailing only Goldberg's debut ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m.. 2.96 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.93 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.74 million viewers
Quote:
After being fired for making a misogynistic and politically-themed joke toward ring announcer Joanna Rose at EVOLVE 72 on Saturday night, Joey Styles addressed the matter in an open letter that appeared on PWInsider.

Styles attempted to explain the misstep by claiming that he panicked after the segment occurred at ringside instead of in the ring as he anticipated:

"I told Joanna before the show that during my promo with her and Stokely in the ring, I was going to ask her about English tailoring so we could compare my suit with Stokely Hathaway's suit.

I had no idea what to say when Stokely Hathaway and I were at ringside about to trade promos and I didn't have Joanna with us to ask about English tailoring.

I panicked and I did exactly what Gabe Sapolsky told me not to do earlier in the week and made a political joke. The joke included a partial quote from the President-Elect that was meant to mock him and then, in-turn, my scripted nemesis, Stokely Hathaway.

I started the joke and stopped quoting the President-Elect without using the offensive word.

Again, I did not utter the offensive word.

I then turned to Stokely Hathaway and said "the word that I will not use, brings me to you."

In the letter, Styles also said that he was the one to suggest that EVOLVE head Gabe Sapolsky fire him publicly so that Sapolsky wouldn't be put in the position of having to decide to fire someone that he'd known for so long:

"After the event, I looked Gabe in the eye, apologized to him, and as not as to put him in the awkward position of having to fire someone he has known for 20 years, told him to fire me publicly and then shook his hand.

I apologized to Joanna who said she said she wasn't upset because she knew it was a joke about the President-Elect. It didn't matter if she was upset or not, therefore I apologized to her again, repeatedly."

Styles said that he apologized to the EVOLVE locker room as well:

"I apologized to the locker room and the wrestlers weren't upset. It didn't matter if they were upset, therefore I apologized to the wrestlers again, repeatedly."
The manager for FloSports who was at the event pretty much tore apart Styles apology on Twitter claiming Styles lied or fibbed on a lot of stuff in his apology.

Quote:
Before the night's main event featuring Timothy Thatcher and Drew Gulak, Styles said on air toward ring announcer Joanna Rose, “Joanna, you look great tonight. And if our next President were here tonight, he’d want to grab you by the..."

The reference is, of course, related to President-elect Donald Trump's infamous comment made on a tour bus in 2005 that was picked up by a hot microphone he was unaware was on.

Styles had said on-air that he was told to not get too political on air, essentially setting up the comment.

EVOLVE head Gabe Sapolsky was not thrilled with Styles' choice of words.

I deeply apologize for Joey Styles' comments and am furious

— Gabe Sapolsky (@BookItGabe) November 13, 2016

And then 30 minutes later, Sapolsky delivered some news shortly after the show had wrapped up:

We've parted ways with Joey Styles and that's my final comment on this. Thank you for your support.

— Gabe Sapolsky (@BookItGabe) November 13, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obersver
Both CHIKARA and Beyond Wrestling announced on Monday that they have terminated their relationships with Styles. Botter also commented on the situation in a series of tweets, refuting Styles' claim that he wasn't upset about the comments.

Botter's tweets: "For the record: Joey Styles' claim that I wasn't upset is false and a mischaracterization of what actually happened. I was upset. When Joey approached me to apologize, I was more concerned about Thatcher, who was being loaded into a car going to the hospital. But to say I was not upset is false, and I support Gabe's decision 100%. This will be my last comment on the matter."
In terms of business reasons, Beyond has both ties with EVOLVE and FloSports while CHIKARA was rumored to be a possible future addition for FloSports. Both owners of the companies were also personally disgusted at what was said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Ex-WWE wrestler Ashley Massaro claims she was sexually assaulted in ’06 at a U.S. military base that WWE sent her to visit … and in new docs filed, she says the company convinced her to keep it quiet.

Massaro filed documents this week to join the head-injury lawsuit that now includes over 50 former WWE employees, and in it mentioned a horrible incident in Kuwait as proof of their negligence.

Ashley claims the assault happened while she was in the Middle East on a WWE sanctioned trip with Maria Kanellis, Jimmy Hart and Ron Simmons. This was not for Tribute to the Troops.

According to the docs, “Upon her return to the United States, she was seen by Dr. Rios who interviewed her about the incident. Dr. Rios reported the incident to WWE executives who soon thereafter met with Massaro to apologize for their negligence but persuaded her that it would be best not to report it to appropriate authorities.”
In a bit of irony, Massaro had an interview with WWE's website prior to the trip saying she wasn't worried about going overseas and assumed WWE would do everything to keep her safe.

Quote:
Tony Nese has officially signed a new deal with WWE in an angle shot last night at the EVOLVE show in Joppa, MD.

The segment was dark because it involved William Regal, who offered Nese a contract at the show and he signed it. This took place after the broadcast ended. They did an EVOLVE farewell to Nese at that point ...

Regal said that more talent would be signed, which led to a loud "Bro" chant in regard to Matt Riddle, who EVOLVE is building around being its top star right now.

Drew Gulak, the other non-contracted wrestler who has been appearing regularly on Raw in cruiserweight matches, was also offered a contract. We don't have confirmation that he signed, but the expectation was that he would.
Quote:
Timothy Thatcher suffered a concussion at EVOLVE 72 last night and will be out of action. No replacement has been named. Instead, Tony Nese has an open contract for a match. Sapolsky tweeted that Thatcher's condition is improving.
Quote:
HHH, who was at MSG on Saturday night, pushed that Conor McGregor would be great for WWE. "He could come over. He's got it all, man, he's got the personality, the skills, the talk. He's an entertainer for sure." He said he's got smaller guys than McGregor who are stars. He compared it to Floyd Mayweather working with Big Show.
Quote:
Seth Rollins wore a blue wrist band last night on Raw to remember Jonah Snyder, a student who died at his school a few months ago.
Quote:
Vader posted a sad health update on Twitter, noting that doctors have told him that he may only have two years to live: “Told by 2.heart Drs at this time that my heart is wore out from footbal&wrestling I have 2 yrs to live , conjestive hesrt failure reality”
Quote:
Mick Foley responded to the news in a Facebook post that urged WWE to induct Vader into the Hall of Fame: “IT'S TIME...TO PUT VADER IN THE HALL OF FAME. I have been talking with Leon White the past few weeks, so I knew the news might be coming. But seeing it in print this morning was a shock nonetheless. Leon is dying. He has been told by doctors that he may have less than two years left to live. His legacy is so important to him, and he has told me that being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame would mean so much on both a personal and professional level. On a global level, Vader was one of the greatest attractions the pro wrestling business has ever seen. I have talked with people at the highest levels at WWE, and hope and pray that Leon's name will be included in the class of 2017 Hall of Fame inductees.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It would appear that Taz will not be appearing on tonight's WWE Smackdown 900 broadcast. He tweeted the following:

Thanks @WWE for the kind hospitality today backstage at #SDLive900 - much appreciated. Been a loooong time. pic.twitter.com/5kEAmsnxRV
— TAZ (@OfficialTAZ) November 16, 2016
Was a rumor going into the show Taz might be appearing or doing something special but turns out he was just visiting some old friends backstage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TNA is currently filming Total Nonstop Deletion in Cameron, NC. Filming will take place over the next several days. The episode will air on 12/15.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Summer Rae recently confirmed rumors of being away from the WWE due to an injury. https://www.instagram.com/p/BMvdlViB0MY
  • WWE is currently offering almost 3 free months of the WWE Network to former subscribers from now till next year's Royal Rumble.
  • Mickie James could be facing some potential backlash due to publicly supporting Joey Styles after the incident he had in EVOLVE. Claimed the joke he made shouldn't have gotten him fired and "PC" being a reason why he got fired. Also implied it shouldn't have been a big deal due to the wrestling industry itself having its share of sleazy stuff happening. https://www.facebook.com/mickieljame...40214492670850
  • Based on recent reports, early ticket prices for next year's Mania is higher than usual for the event while both Taker and Rock have been advertised to be at the event.
  • People's Magazine recently revealed The Rock won their "Sexiest Man of the Year" award for 2016.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote